Saturday, June 7, 2008

Obama Rejects Lobbyists, Right?

The GOP has all the information about Barack Obama and his hypocrisy concerning lobbyists.
"...Obama Has Pledged To Reject Money From Federal Lobbyists And PACs Repeatedly:

Obama: "I just want to make sure that we understand: I don't take money from federal lobbyists. I don't take money from PACs." (Sen. Barack Obama, MSNBC Presidential Debate, Las Vegas, NV, 1/15/08)

Obama: "I'm not in this race to continue the special-interest-driven politics of the last eight years. I'm in this race to end it. I've been taking on lobbyists throughout my career in Illinois." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At A Town Hall Meeting, Billings, MT, 5/19/08)

Obama: "I believe I can bring about that kind of change - because I'm the only candidate in this race who's actually worked to take power away from lobbyists by passing historic ethics reforms in Illinois and in the U.S. Senate. And I'm the only candidate who isn't taking a dime from Washington lobbyists. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my administration, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I'm President of the United States." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks To The Pennsylvania AFL-CIO, Philadelp hia, PA, 4/2/08)

Obama Even Banned PAC And Lobbyist Money From The DNC:

Obama Prohibited The DNC From Receiving Contributions From PACs And Registered Federal Lobbyists. "Barack Obama put his stamp on the party Thursday, announcing the Democratic National Committee would no longer accept donations from political action committees or federal lobbyists. That brings the party in line with his campaign's policy." (Matt Kelley, "DNC Will Refuse Funds From Lobbyists, PACs," USA Today, 6/6/08)

Obama: "We will not take a dime from Washington lobbyists or special interest PACS - we're going to change how Washington works. They will not fund my party, they will not run our White House, and they will not drown out the voice of the American people when I am president of the United States of America." (Sunlen Miller, "Obama Commends DNC For Cutting Lobbyist Contributions," ABC News' "Political Radar" Blog, 6/5/08)

But The New Policy Will Not Apply To Former Lobbyists, Unregistered Lobbying Firm Partners, Or State Lobbyists:

The Lobbyist Ban At The DNC Does Not Apply To Former Lobbyists, Unregistered Lobbying Firm Partners, Or State Lobbyists. "Sen. Barack Obama's decision to tell the Democratic National Committee to stop taking money from lobbyists isn't likely to dent fundraising efforts because the policy only applies to current federal lobbyists, experts say. The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee's decree doesn't rule out contributions from past lobbyists, unregistered lobbying firm partners or statehouse lobbyists." (Jim McElhatton, "Obama Decree On Funding Limited To Current Lobbyists," The Washington Times, 6/6/08)..."

No comments: